Friday, February 03, 2006

More Adventures of A Chicken


"All men who are eminently useful are made to feel their weakness in a supreme degree."
--Charles Spurgeon, Spurgeon Gold, p.61

"I have learned to thank God for fear, because without it, I wouldn't pray. I wouldn't bother. It is my own weakness that make me pray. My weakness makes me whisper, "Help me, Lord," and thus becomes my strength."
--Ray Comfort, Spurgeon Gold, p.61

"I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling."
--The Apostle Paul, 1 Corinthians 2:3

"Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is acting in spite of our fears."
-- Unknown

More often than not, I'm a coward. When I talk with someone about Christ or even just pass out a tract, my heart beats faster and my palms get sweaty. How encouaraging to know that great men like Spurgeon, professional evangelists like Ray Comfort, and even the great Apostle Paul also struggled with fear. Yet these men put aside their fears, took up their crosses, and followed Christ in spite of the jeering crowd. May God grant us that same courage.

If we wait until we are no longer afraid to tell others how they can be saved, we will never speak...and they may never hear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I relate! It is a heart-pounding, sweaty surreal moment. But those moments are gold in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for the encouragement. We all need it.

le

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home