The Power of (Good) Tracts
One of the easiest ways to share the gospel is through tracts. Using good tracts has a lot of advantages. The late R. A. Torrey summarized them as follows:
1. Anyone can do it.
2. A tract always sticks to the point.
3. A tract never loses it's temper.
4. Some who are too proud to be talked with, will read a tract when no one is looking.
5. A tract will stay with a person after the evangelist leaves.
6. Tracts lead many to accept Christ.
(To read Torrey's entire article click here.)
I would also add...
7. Even a coward (like me) can use tracts. If you are uncomfortable approaching stragers, simply leave a tract in a public place for someone to find. Or hand one to the drive through clerk right before you squeal out of Taco Bell.
So why don't more Christians use tracts? Maybe because there are so many bad ones out there.
But there are plenty of good tracts out there, too. Living Waters is one of the largest tract distributors in the world (14 million last year alone), and their tracts are creative, smart, appealing--and most importantly, present the gospel simply and powerfully. You can purchase them here. My personal favorites are 101 Funniest One-Liners, The World's Best Optical Illusions, and the Intelligence Test Bookmark.