Thursday, February 09, 2006

The History of Natural Man


I came across this neat little Flash animation called The History of Natural Man. It's a simple but dramatic presentation of our sinful nature and why we need a Savior. I wish it did a a better job of explaining how we get saved (answer: repentance and trust) but it's still a powerful reminder of why we can't save ourselves.

After you watch it, take a minute to ponder the wonder of your salvation. Then ask God for the courage to share that Good News with someone else.

1 Comments:

Blogger One of Freedom said...

You know I was skeptical, I expected something quite tacky. But that was really well done. I disagree though with your wish that it explained more - it points people to Jesus and I don't think you can improve on that one. The thing is faith and trust are implicit - if you turn to Jesus then that is what it takes. And repentance - I think the author did a great job of defining what Jesus wants to save us from - our own sinful selves. So again turning to Jesus is really the metanoia of turning from ourselves and our inability to overcome sin in our own power. Keeps it simple.

Thanks for posting that one.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home