Monday, February 06, 2006

Hell's Best Kept Secret

This is one of the best sermons I have ever heard. It has caused me to completely re-think how I share the gospel. The speaker, Ray Comfort, is not a fan of modern evangelism. Instead he draws insights from great evangelists like Spurgeon, Whitfield, Wesley, etc, translating them into modern terms in refreshing and creative ways. The reason modern American Christianity is so impotent, he says, is because we have negleted a key biblical principle used by these great men: Using the Law to bring conviction of sin. Give it a listen, it will open your eyes,

3 Comments:

Blogger Heath said...

Cedric! I totally felt the same way when I listened to this message. After listening to it 4 or 5 times with notes all over my freelance work I downloaded it for all my friends to hear. I hope every church starts using the way of the Master. I think a lot of church don't simple because they don't know about it.

Keep up your creative ideas in sharing the most important message!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Heath said...

Oh yeah this sermon has to rank as one of my top 10. I saw the str.org link on the side. Some of my other favorite lectures/sermons are from some of Greg Koukl's 'Tatics in Defending the Faith' series. If you get a chance you need to get that!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Cedricstudio said...

Thanks Heath. I'm actually taking a Stand to Reason "Ambassador" course at my church right now. It's great stuff!

Oh, and congrats again on the upcoming wedding.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home