Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Taking a Break

Yesterday I received the gut-wrenching news that my father has had a heart attack. Fortunately the ambulance arrived just in time to revive him, the surgery went well, and it appears he is going to be just fine. For that I am extremely thankful to God, it could have been so much worse. And I've received a lot of prayers and well-wishes from friends, which really means a lot. But I'm still kind of shaken up as I realize what almost happened. It's the kind of thing that is supposed to happen to "other people" but never to you.

Over the next few days I will be doing nothing but spending a lot of time with family and trying to catch up on freelance work. So my blog is going on the back burner for a while...but hopefully not too long. Thanks to all my regular readers for your patience and understanding. I'll be back soon!

Cedric

4 Comments:

Blogger Doug E. said...

We'll keep you and your father in prayer.

Doug

8:40 PM  
Blogger Joshua Ritchie said...

We'll be praying as well. God bless you and your family and may He be glorified through it all.

10:07 AM  
Blogger One of Freedom said...

Got you in prayer brother, take the time you need. Family is very important.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Cedricstudio said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. My dad is back from the hospital and recupperating at home. He has one weak ventricle in his heart but otherwise is fine, and he should be back to normal in a few weeks.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home