Thursday, May 18, 2006

Why More Christians Don't Witness

(This is a re-post from the early days when no one was reading my blog.)


"Religious faith should be a private thing. I don't want to be a religious fanatic."

"Mind your own business. You don't have any right to force your views on someone else."

"You're going to offend this person. Don't say anything."

"He'll think you're a fanatic."

"This person will say 'no' and I'll be embarrassed."


When it comes to sharing the Gospel, have you ever wrestled with these thoughts/feelings? If so, the folks at ShareYourFaith.org have a terrific article excerpted from Bill Bright's book Witnessing Without Fear. Click here to check it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

Thanks for the link. Very helpful.

Please visit randomthoughtswithbk.blogspot.com. I have some questions about tracts on which I would appreciate your input.

Thanks again.

8:05 AM  
Blogger One of Freedom said...

I felt more of those things when I was using a canned gospel approach. Now that I've just decided to be myself (that being a Christian who has Christ as a big part of my life) it is just natural. I think that forcing myself through the interactions using a more canned approach was helpful though as it forced me to overcome my own shyness.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home